News and Stories
December 14, 2021
Committed to Funding Important Hospital Positions Australia Wide
The funds entrusted to us by our supporters are utilised in many ways from assisting families financially to funding important clinician positions and research in Children’s Hospitals Australia-Wide to assist doctors, nurses, researchers, families, support groups involved in caring for kids with cancer.
Although our direct family assistance is for children aged 0-12yrs, our Wigs4Kids Campaign can assist kids up to 18 years old in obtaining a wig made here in Australia with donated hair and hospital funding towards kids of all ages.
Since 1998 Kids with Cancer Foundation has provided over $27 million in financial assistance to families and hospitals, and with the continued help of our supporters are working towards funding much more for many years to come.
COVID proved an extremely challenging time for Kids with Cancer, but with the continued hard work of our small team of dedicated staff, we pulled through and are able to commit to funding the following positions for the 2021 – 2022 financial year totaling $1,183,576:-
• John Hunter Children’s Hospital Newcastle – Oncology Fellow
• John Hunter Children’s Hospital Newcastle – Clinical Nurse
• Adelaide Women & Children’s – Oncology Nurse
• Adelaide Women & Children’s – Oncology Fellow
• Sydney Children’s Hospital Foundation – Deflexifol Clinical Trial for Ependymoma
• Bear Cottage – Social Worker
• Monash Children’s Hospital, Victoria – Neuropsychologist
• Monash Children’s Hospital, Victoria – Social Worker
• Queensland Children’s Hospital – Welfare Worker
It is also important to know that some of these positions Kids with Cancer Foundation has been funding for many years, some are a 2 or 3 year commitment and some are brand new positions.
With hundreds of children being diagnosed every year across Australia, we are committed to making a difference in the lives of kids with cancer, their families and the Children’s Hospital across Australia.
If you would like to help support these important positions, please head to our “Donate” button at the top of the page and help us help the kids today. Every donation over $2 is tax deductible.